We are all being asked to seek shelter during these difficult times, but self-isolation and avoiding public places are simply not options for those who have no place to call home.
The Ottawa Mission needs our help, now more than ever, and I have an idea about how we can get together and do just that! Let’s put a smile on the faces of your friends and family by joining the Share a Smile – Give Hope campaign.
Share a Smile – Give Hope is an online fundraising initiative that invites people to register as a team, family, or individual to make those around you smile while fundraising for The Mission. It’s a great opportunity to create a sense of joy and connection.
Here are some ideas!
- Post a joke of the day, thought of the day, trivia question or song of the day at the end of your driveway.
- Create a Best-in-Show pet competition on social media.
- Draw a positive message with chalk on your sidewalk or driveway.
- Dress up in a funny costume and make your coworkers laugh in your next virtual meeting.
- Record a song to share with your family and friends.
- Record and share a positive story with your social media circle.
Take a video or photo of what you did and share it with your network and post on the campaign’s Facebook group, then invite them to donate to you or your team. You can do this daily, and remember to tag @OttawaMission on social media and to send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org