Kitchen Volunteers are integral members of The Ottawa Mission’s Food Services. Considering that The Ottawa Mission serves an average of 1,400 meals per day, Kitchen staff greatly depend upon their valued Kitchen volunteers to serve the high quality and quantity of food they do.
Job Title: Kitchen Volunteer
Reports to: -
Job Level: -
CORE PURPOSE AND MISSION STATEMENT
The Core Purpose of the Ottawa Mission is to reflect Jesus’ love in serving the homeless, the hungry, and the lost. Our Mission is to by provide food, shelter, clothing and skills, and offer healing, faith and hope for building a wholesome life.
VISION & VALUES
Our Vision: All the hurt, hungry and lost in Ottawa find HOPE, HEALING, HOME
Reporting to Kitchen Staff and the Volunteer Department, this volunteer position supports the Food Services Team in preparing and serving food items to The Ottawa Mission’s clients
- Must be mindful of the Volunteer Guidelines at all times. For a review or clarification of the guidelines, please view the Volunteer Application form or ask a staff member
- Must provide the Volunteer Department a 48 hour notice when unable to fill an assigned shift
- Must embody The Ottawa Mission’s commitment to acceptance, respect, compassion, and integrity when dealing with clients
- Must respect and adhere to the food services health code regulations including but not limited to:
– Wearing close toed shoes and socks while in the kitchen
– Wearing a hair net or food service cap at all times
– Wearing an apron to prevent spills on clothing
– Washing hands before every shift
– Wearing gloves for all tasks
At the Ottawa Mission, we have implemented a number of safety precautions and protocols for our staff, volunteers and guests and details will be provided through the on-boarding process.
ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE, UPON REQUEST, FOR ALL APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
THE OTTAWA MISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER