All interested applicants are asked to submit their resumé and cover letter, quoting “Case Manager - Client Services” in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 22. We thank all applicants for their interest in The Ottawa Mission; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Reporting to the Manager of Client Services, the Case Manager provides practical support and system navigation for Ottawa Mission residents in need of Case Management. He/She/They provides coordination of multi-disciplinary services to clients, monitors the provision of services to clients and re-assesses continuing client needs. The Case Manager works closely with the Employment & Education Program.
Job Title: Case Manager - Client Services
Reports to: Manager - Client Services
Department: Client Services
Job Level: Program Support
CORE PURPOSE AND MISSION STATEMENT
The Core Purpose of the Ottawa Mission is to reflect Jesus’ love in serving the homeless, the hungry, and the lost. Our Mission is to by provide food, shelter, clothing and skills, and offer healing, faith and hope for building a wholesome life.
VISION & VALUES
Our Vision: All the hurt, hungry and lost in Ottawa find HOPE, HEALING, HOME
- Research, identify, evaluate and prepare a list of appropriate agencies or resources in regards to assisting clients with identification, drug cards, medications, financial or legal assistance, residency, interpersonal/group coaching, mentoring, outreach, advocacy, crisis intervention and support of clients
- Works in collaboration with the Education and Employment Program. Builds and maintains positive and effective relationships with community agencies, government and other groups
- Build and maintain a relationship of trust with clients
- Conduct assessments of clients to determine individual needs and make appropriate referrals to community based programs and treatment facilities, including The Ottawa Mission’s services, while maintaining client privacy and confidentiality
- Prepare for implementation, assessment tools and strategies to identify any barriers clients may have
- Provide comprehensive tools, information, arranged appointments, coaching, support and encouragement enabling the client to follow through with referrals and/or information
- Advocate for clients with community agencies, government, or other groups as required
- Identify and conduct follow ups with clients as required
- Participate in client case conferences and/or weekly meetings as required
- Ensure ongoing communication with all Mission departments regarding client issues
- Provide support and back-up to colleagues in Client Services (drop-in setting) and Front Line Services
- Develop for program maintenance accurate, complete, up to date client files and case notes according to established procedures
- Initiate appropriate referrals and follow through by external agencies at the termination of services
- Participates, when requested, in the strategic planning
- Prepare reports on statistical information, client profiles and other reports requested by management
- Support clients with transitions into their housing needs. Assisting clients to settle into their new home with the necessary needs; i.e., furniture, food items, basic living needs, etc.
- Accompany clients to key appointments in the community such as: Medical, Ontario Works, financial assistance, legal matters, furniture bank, etc.
- Support clients to become more independent by visiting them in their home and offering help with their individual goals.
- Empower clients in becoming self-
- Provide crisis management for clients; make linkages for interventions as appropriate
- Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise
- Maintain an active caseload providing interventions as needed and within area of expertise and limits of credentials
- Arrange or provide transportation for clients, to and from appointments
- Assist clients with relevant goal development and implementation of strategies to assist with goals
- Identify clients who may require services and promote the service to them/make suggestions for services that may assist the client
- University Degree or College Diploma in Social Work or Social Service worker
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the social service field
- Working understanding of housing-first, client-centered, strengths-based approaches
- Knowledge of mental illness and substance dependency
- Knowledge of structural, systemic, and individual causes of homelessness and poverty
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract, for insurance purposes, required
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
- Motivational Interviewing considered an asset
- Must adhere to strict deadlines and be able to manage and respond to competing priorities
- Must be comfortable working in a challenging environment that has the potential for confrontation and/or exposure to violence
- Ability to handle emergency situations should they arise
- Primarily Office Setting
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Ottawa Mission, however, due to the volume of resumés we receive, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE, UPON REQUEST, FOR ALL APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
THE OTTAWA MISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER